Being inspired (and distracted) by Paulo Freire.
- “No pedagogy which is truly liberating can remain distant from the oppressed by treating them as unfortunates and by presenting for their emulation models from among the oppressors”
- “This concept is well suited to the purposes of the oppressors, cialis whose tranquility rests on how well people fit the world the oppressors have created, cheap and how little they question it.”
- “Any situation in which some individuals prevent others from engaging in the process of inquiry is one of violence. The means used are not important; to alienate human beings from their own decision-making is to turn them into objects”
- “When a word is deprived of its dimension of action: reflection automatically suffers as well and the word is changed into idle chatter, into verbalism, into an alienated and alienating “blah”. “
- “There is no true word that is not at the same time a praxis. Thus, to speak a true word is to transform the world”
All taken from “The pedagogy of the oppressed”. All inspiring. All distracting me from writing my learning theories essay.