In the spirit of retrospectiveness, the season, and my “55405” post from about this time last year – as well as an attempt to participate in the ProBlogger Group Writing Project, here are a collection of Top Sixes – six of them in fact, for the past year. Most of them are probably just in random order to keep it nice and democratic.
Top 6 Inspirational Bloggers
The people whose blogs I’ve found the most inspiring, interesting and have made me think alot this year (taken from people I don’t know).
- Backyard Missionary – Andrew Hamilton (“Hamo”).
- The Forgotten Ways – Alan Hirsch – only started recently but the man thinks about church better than anyone else I know.
- Signposts – Phil and Dan McCredden
- Missional Diatribe – Andrew – I only found it a couple of months ago, but Andrew has got a great brain, and other than being a Collingwood supporter, is a really nice bloke.
- The Dilbert Blog – Scott Adams – Sure he’s an atheist, but he makes me think about my faith more than most Christian bloggers.
- Jesus Creed – Scot McKnight
Top 6 Blogs of Friends
Yes, I do have friends, and they do have blogs. These are the six that I have read/loved/laughed at/blah blah the most this year.
- all said and done – By my lovely girl (aka: the beautiful Bec)
- Virtually Paul – By, wait for it: Paul
- Sojourn – Christina
- Ranges CC – Scot and Christina
- Shared Worship – Di
- Rick Ianniello – Rick – well, so I might not have met him in person, but he’s been around here for long enough to count as a friend 🙂
Top 6 Funny Google Search Terms Used To Get Here
In order of most traffic to least – number of visits shown in brackets
- pinko lefty insults (8)
- noise a goat makes (4)
- geoff with girlfriend (2)
- mark chaffey girlfriend (3) – also “greg tivendale girlfriend” (1)
- statistics,people scared of losing their ipod (1)
- reasons for lose your girlfriend (1)
Top 6 Big Realisations For The Year
- I like this girl
- She likes me
- People feel passionately about the concept of God being beautiful
- Ducks don’t always move out of the way when you’re driving along the road.
- My attempts at facial hair are best avoided – even for a good cause
- It’s a small blogosphere after all – (hint: Natalie Portman is code for a name that rhymes with “Lebecca”)
Top 6 Things I’m Happy About This Year
- The girl
- The Ashes (perhaps that’s in the wrong order)
- Andrew Raines – what a footballer he’s going to turn out to be
- Doing my course (MA in Church Practice at Tabor – very good course, go check it out)
- Just hearing the lights go on in some of the heads of my youth kids
- My little brother getting baptised – was the sentimental older brother moment of the year
Top 6 Things I’m Going To Work On For Next Year
- Getting the work/youth/course/girlfriend balance right. Sure it’s unrealistic, but who says you have to be realistic?
- Looking after the girl – she’s pretty special, and I certainly don’t want to stuff that up 😉
- Actually getting a paycheck out of my Google Adsense ads – All time revenue from the ad blocks currently sits at US$38.11, has to get to US$100 before I see any cold hard cash.
- Being a tidier person
- Taking more time to spend with God.
- Getting Richmond into a finals series – OK, so I’m not going to work on it, but how sweet it’d be to see some yeller and black action in September.
Well, it’s been a good year – let’s hope for an even better one next year.